How to send crash logs for Story Planner
If the app is freezing or crashing regularly, we may request crash logs from you to help us diagnose any issues. Crash logs contain information about what the app was doing just prior to the crash. But don't worry, crash logs don't contain any information about your projects or writing, so we won't be able to read any sensitive information or anything you have written.
Find the logs on your iOS device
- Open the Settings app
- Tap Privacy
- Tap Analytics & Improvements
- Tap Analytics Data
- Scroll down and select any items that start with "Story Planner" and show the date you encountered the crash, as you can see in the image below.
- Enter the log and tap the Share button at the top right corner. Then email the crash log to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Find the logs on your macOS device
- Open Finder (found in the Dock)
- Clock on the 'Go' Menu at the top of your screen, and select 'Go to Folder'
- Type (or paste): ~/Library/Logs/DiagnosticReports/
- Look for files starting with Story Planner. Copy any that you find to your Desktop.
- Email the crash log to email@example.com