I’m having trouble syncing my projects
Story Planner automatically syncs your projects to all devices. If you notice missing projects or updates, here are some troubleshooting steps you can try.
- You need version 5.0 or later of Story Planner on all your devices. (See: How to know the version of Story Planner?)
- An iCloud account with enough free space for your projects and the pictures in your projects.
- iCloud Drive enabled on all your devices (Apple has instructions for Mac and iOS devices).
- iCloud Sync enabled on Story Planner on all your devices.
- You need the same Apple ID on all your devices to access the same data on iCloud.
Check Apple's iCloud status page.
Sometimes sync problems come down to iCloud having trouble. Apple maintains a service status page for this matter. You can check there if sync is not working.
About time for synchronizations
Please be aware that sometimes it may take a while for the app to sync, especially if there are large images in the projects or that the internet connection is slow.
If you are syncing for the first time with a new device and have many projects or the projects have HQ pictures, Story Planner may need some minutes to finish its first Sync. Please leave the app open (not in the background) for a while to help it complete the Sync.
The time needed for this initial Sync to finish may vary depending on your internet connection. We recommend connecting to the fastest Wi-Fi hotspot you have available and wait a few minutes for the app to sync.
The configuration is correct, but the Sync still doesn't work.
Ok. Don't worry. Let's try something else:
- Please force the verification of new data in iCloud. Open the app Files and navigate to iCloud > Story Planner > Backups. Open the folder 'Backups'.
- Open Story Planner again and wait a few minutes to check if sync works.
- If Sync still doesn't work, there may be a problem with the iCloud data. Please try to reset the Story Planner iCloud Data by following the steps in our troubleshooting: How to reset Story Planner iCloud Data?